I am Marc Olivier Meunier, a Customer Engagement Leader. I am working for Eficode, the leading DevOps company.
After 7 years spent pouring oil on the fire of a high growth advertisement technology company (Smartly.io), I switched to Eficode.
The company is also in high growth phase with a service delivery business model. We are at work packaging this service in a product.
I believe in creating memorable experiences for the customers.
Track record in a nutshell:
- Closed and managed the biggest account Smartly has ever had in LTV.
- Closed and managed a collection of other big digital natives clients such as Fiverr, Walkme, Techstyle.
- Organised global summits to make customers and users meet our organisation in Helsinki
- Won the Golden Frog twice (most prized trophy of the company for exceptional cross-functional work)
- Led the Support tooling team and scale an all-hand support setup from 150 to 550 employees.
- Organised a cross-company gamified team challenge over 12 months to push for all-hand support adoption (400-550 employees).
- Converted the Support tooling team into a full blown professional support team with 35 people, tiering, Level 1, 2, 3, offshore and a premium offer.
- Expanded the support setup to 24/7, video calls, predictive outreach
- Hired more than 100 people along the way.
My leadership principles
Build trust: be consistent in decisions and actions, keep decision making transparent and explain why.
Be vulnerable: I’m a human being and I act like one, with my flaws. Sharing my ups and downs makes me relatable and creates a safe environment where it’s OK to be genuine and to show up.
Optimise for clarity: don’t optimise for making people feel better. Convey the vision of the company and how to execute it down to the teams. If I don’t get sick of hearing myself repeating the same, it means I haven’t said it enough.
Education As an Accelerator: If someone is interested in learning something, I make sure to enable that. Regardless of the alignment with the company strategy. If they said it to me, it means I succeeded at establishing a safe environment and they have a fire burning inside of them. I won’t be the one blowing it off. I’ll put oil on it and we’ll see later how we can use this new skill.
Hire right: I build high performance teams with as much diversity as possible. Some key aspects I look for: a blend of superstar and rockstars. I strongly believe that A-grade employees hire A-grade employees. I don’t hire someone to tell them what to do, I hire so they tell me what we’re going to do.
Done is better than perfect: foster culture of moving fast, iterating and learning to deliver the best outcomes. It may be rough around the edges, but it works.
Lead by example: walk the talk, and keep improving. I like to show up and be intentional. If it’s technical and I know the topic, I’ll gladly get my hands dirty.