I am Marc Olivier Meunier, a Customer Engagement Leader.
My professional career spans over 20 years in both large corporations and startups. I’ve had success pouring oil on the fire of the advertisement technology company Smartly.io, before dabbling in consulting. First at Eficode, a DevOps consulting company, then as a startup advisor for companies like Mobal.io or Spritz Finance. More recently I joined AILiveSim.
I believe in creating memorable experiences for the customers.
Track record in a nutshell:
- Closed and managed Uber, the biggest account Smartly has ever had in LTV.
- Closed and managed a collection of other big digital natives clients such as Fiverr, Walkme, Techstyle.
- Organised global summits to make customers and users meet our organisation in Helsinki
- Won the Golden Frog twice (most prized trophy of the company for exceptional cross-functional work)
- Led the Support tooling team and scale an all-hand support setup from 150 to 550 employees.
- Organised a cross-company gamified team challenge over 12 months to push for all-hand support adoption (400-550 employees).
- Converted the Support tooling team into a full blown professional support team with 35 people, tiering, Level 1, 2, 3, offshore and a premium offer.
- Expanded the support setup to 24/7, video calls, predictive outreach
- Hired more than 100 people along the way.
- Brought a structured career pathing framework to Eficode Managed Services Organisation
My leadership principles
Build trust: be consistent in decisions and actions, keep decision making transparent and explain why.
Be vulnerable: I’m a human being and I act like one, with my flaws. Sharing my ups and downs makes me relatable and creates a safe environment where it’s OK to be genuine and to show up.
Optimise for clarity: don’t optimise for making people feel better. Convey the vision of the company and how to execute it down to the teams. If I don’t get sick of hearing myself repeating the same, it means I haven’t said it enough.
Education As an Accelerator: If someone is interested in learning something, I make sure to enable that. Regardless of the alignment with the company strategy. If they said it to me, it means I succeeded at establishing a safe environment and they have a fire burning inside of them. I won’t be the one blowing it off. I’ll put oil on it and we’ll see later how we can use this new skill.
Hire right: I build high performance teams with as much diversity as possible. Some key aspects I look for: a blend of superstar and rockstars. I strongly believe that A-grade employees hire A-grade employees. I don’t hire someone to tell them what to do, I hire so they tell me what we’re going to do.
Done is better than perfect: foster culture of moving fast, iterating and learning to deliver the best outcomes. It may be rough around the edges, but it works.
Lead by example: walk the talk, and keep improving. I like to show up and be intentional. If it’s technical and I know the topic, I’ll gladly get my hands dirty.